Update May 6, 2020: As part of the Aspiration referral bonus program, it’s extending the enhanced referral program through May by doubling the bonus from $25 to $50, up to $1,500! When you refer someone to join Aspiration, you’ll both get $50 in cash and 25 Do Good dollars to donate. That’s $75 in total Aspiration sign up bonus! Get started today by using Bonusery’s Aspiration referral link. Then you can refer others after you open your account and spend at least $250 with your new Aspiration debit card within 60 days of opening your account.
If you’re looking for excellent banking and investment opportunities that are also simple, green, and socially-conscious, Aspiration may be just what you need.
As soon as you open an account, you can get an Aspiration sign up bonus of $50, along with $25 for a charitable donation. There’s also an Aspiration referral bonus of up to $1500, depending on how many friends you refer.
Here’s everything you need to know about Aspiration and how it can help you save and earn money.
Aspiration is an online platform offering ethical and sustainable financial services and investment products. It also gives back to the community by donating 10% of every dollar coming from customers to various charities.
Aspiration offers three cash management services:
- Aspiration Spend & Save
- Aspiration Save
- Aspiration Investing
- Aspiration Retirement
The last two services include sustainable investing through the Aspiration Redwood Fund, which is 100% fossil fuel-free. Both require an opening deposit of $10 minimum.
Aspiration Spend & Save Account
This service comes with plenty of benefits that you’ll certainly find compelling.
The features you can expect are:
- Up to 1.00% APY on the first $10000 in your Save account (no balance requirements)
- Up to 10% cash-back on purchases at selected merchants
- Bonus rewards for purchases at socially-conscious businesses
- Choosing your own monthly service fee (you can even choose to pay nothing)
- Unlimited withdrawals at Allpoint ATMs without any fees
- Unlimited instant transfers between Spend and Save accounts
- Charitable donations of 10% of the profit
- Fossil fuel-free account management
- Reimbursements for identity fraud expenses
- Insurance for protecting your cell phone
Keep in mind that the APY and cash-back are available only to customers enrolled in Aspiration Plus.
Aspiration Save Account
By signing up for the Aspiration Save account, you can also:
- Choose your monthly fee
- Contribute to charities
- Earn high interest
- Enjoy a fee-free and fossil-fuel-free account
This account also requires a $10 minimum deposit.
How to Get the Aspiration Sign Up Bonus
To get the Aspiration sign-up bonus, all you have to do is take the following steps.
Click the Aspiration referral link to get started and Continue to sign up for an account.
Make the $10 minimum deposit to open the account and get approved.
Spend at least $250 on your Aspiration debit card within 60 days of account opening.
Once your application is approved (it takes less than a minute), you’ll get your $50 Aspiration sign up bonus.
After at least ten business days of using your new account responsibly, you will receive $25; the so-called Do Good dollars. You’ll be able to donate them to any of the partner charities.
You can take all these steps either via browser or the Aspiration app, which is available for both iOS and Android.
Aspiration Referral Bonus Program
As soon as you open your Aspiration account, you can participate in the company’s referral bonus program.
Aspiration has enhanced the program for everyone who joins or refers other people during April.
When you refer a friend this month, you’ll both receive $50 in cash. As always, both of you will also get 25 Do Good dollars to donate to a charity of your own choice.
The best part about the April promotion is that you can earn up to $1500 for referring 30 people. So, the monthly limit is up by 50%.
To earn an Aspiration referral bonus, you need to take these simple steps:
- Go to your Dashboard and click the “Invite Friends” tab.
- Share your Aspiration referral link with friends and family.
- Once a friend signs up via your link and their account gets approved, you’ll get your $50 Aspiration referral bonus, along with 25 Do Good dollars once he or she completes all qualifying activities.
Pros & Cons of Aspiration
Signing up for an Aspiration account has plenty more advantages than disadvantages. And those few drawbacks don’t really carry much weight, but you be the judge.
Pros of Aspiration:
- Only $10 needed to open an account
- $50 bonus for signing up
- 10% of profit donated to charities
- Referral bonus opportunities, including more charity donations
- High APY
- Unlimited fee-free ATM withdrawals worldwide
- You’re in control of your monthly service fee (which can be $0)
- 10% cash-back on purchases
- Bonus rewards for socially-conscious purchases
- Sustainable investments
- Tracking the social and environmental impact of your spending
- Saving for the future through a retirement account
Cons of Aspiration:
- Online banking only
- Only two investment funds to choose from
- No ATM deposits, so you need to transfer funds from an external account
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Aspiration check my credit when I apply for an account?
Aspiration runs a soft credit check to verify the information you provide, but that process doesn’t affect your credit score, nor will it turn up on your credit report.
Does Aspiration offer joint accounts?
Yes, it does. To open an Aspiration Spend & Save joint account, you first must have a Spend & Save individual account. Only then can you invite any user to join and transform your individual into a joint account.
How can I deposit cash into my Aspiration account?
You can currently deposit cash into your account only by purchasing a money order and depositing it using a mobile check deposit. You can find the orders at most convenience stores.
Why can’t I send a wire transfer from my new Aspiration account?
You can’t send a wire transfer within the first 90 days of opening your account.
If you experience the same issue after the initial 90 days, check the beneficiary’s details to make sure they are correct. If the problem persists, you can always contact Aspiration’s very friendly customer support.
What is Aspiration Plus?
Aspiration Plus is a subscription service that you can get for $3.99 a month or $44.99 a year. It enables you to earn up to 1.00% APY on the first $10000 in savings and get 10% cash-back on purchases at certain merchants.
You also get one fee reimbursement per month for withdrawal at an out-of-network ATM. You can apply for Aspiration Plus only if you have a Spend & Save account.
Aspiration is an excellent choice for banking and investment opportunities. Apart from receiving a $50 Aspiration sign up bonus upon signing up, you can refer friends and consistently earn a $50 Aspiration referral bonus.
If you get started in April, you’ll even get an opportunity to receive up to $1500 for referring 30 people. So, sign up today and seize all the exciting opportunities!
$100 July Promotion
Update July 18, 2020: until the end of the month, Aspiration is offering an extra bonus of $100 when you make 3 successful referrals by July 31, 2020.
And that’s on top of everything else you can get right now. Every single successful referral you make will earn you:
- 25 trees planted for you and 25 for your friend
- $50 cash each once your friend spends $250 from their new account
- 5 entries each in Aspiration’s Summer Sweepstakes: you could win your choice of a VanMoof e-bike, a Peloton exercise bike, a Mirror home gym, or $1,000 — there’s a new winner every week!
Other banking sign up bonuses: