Chase bank is known for its many promotions and bonuses. It has some of the best rewards for its users on the market. However, you need to know how to get those rewards and bonuses. You don’t want to miss an opportunity to get some hefty bonuses when applying. To get your own sign-up bonus follow this Chase referral link.
These Chase bonuses are only available to new customers looking to set up an account with the bank. A lot of customers don’t consider these promotions when choosing a bank, and they should. Chase is one of the largest banks in the US, and there are good reasons for this.
Apart from the bonuses, they also offer nice account options with quality features. Here are the latest offers by Chase bank.
How to use referrals to get the Chase Bonus Offer
To get your signup bonuses, you simply have to apply for your accounts through this referral link. It will lead you to a page where you can apply and automatically qualify for referral bonuses. On the other hand, your friends can send you a referral if they already have an account at the bank.
Don’t do this by navigating directly on the site, or you won’t get the bonus.
Checking Bonus – Reward: $200
When opening a Chase Total Checking account through the referral link, you get a $200 bonus instantly after setting up a direct deposit.
Savings Bonus: Reward $150
If you instantly open up the Chase Total Checking and Savings accounts, your bonus will rise to $350. The savings account bonus alone is $150.
Step-by-step guide for getting Chase Bonuses
Chase Sign-up Bonus
- Click on a Chase referral link generated by an account user
- When you get to the referral page choose the account type you want to open
- Fill out the online application with all the required details (your coupon code will be automatically applied)
- Wait until your application is approved
- Meet all the requirements to earn your bonus (see requirements below)
Chase Referral Bonus
Through Chase Website:
- Go to the referral page on Chase website
- Enter the required information (last name, ZIP code, Chase card digits)
- If your account is eligible, you will proceed to the next step
- Add your friend’s information and email or
- Send them a referral link via social media
- 20 days after your friend has opened an account you will get a $50 bonus
Through Mobile App:
- Log in to your mobile app
- Choose the card you want to refer with
- Click on the “Refer Friends” button
- Choose a referral method: email, social media, or text
- 20 days after your friend has opened an account, you will get a $50 bonus
Requirements to become eligible for bonuses
To get the checking bonus at Chase bank, you will have to set up your account through the referral link. The minimum deposit required to qualify for the bonus is $0. However, to get the bonus, you need to make a direct deposit onto your account in 60 days, or the offer will expire.
It’s important to mention that not all of the deposits are considered “direct.” A direct deposit is electronic, and it can be some government benefit, pension, or your paycheck. Individual to individual payments aren’t direct deposits.
You can only receive a single bonus per account. Furthermore, people who already have accounts at the bank can’t get these sign-up bonuses. After meeting the requirements, the bank will need ten business days to make your bonus deposit.
After following the referral link and opening an account, you will have to make a deposit with new funds that aren’t in the bank already. This deposit needs to be at least $10,000 to become eligible for the bonus and need to make this deposit within 20 days.
Additionally, you need to keep your balance at $10,000 or more for 90 days after you’ve made the deposit. These deposits won’t be counted if the money comes from other Chase accounts or banks affiliated with Chase. After meeting all of the requirements, Chase will make your bonus deposit in 10 days.
Features of the accounts:
- Free use of around 16,000 bank ATMs and 5,000 branches in the United States.
- Quality online banking tool and mobile app for easy banking.
- The Chase QuickPay with Zelle allows all users to send money online for free. It doesn’t matter if the money is sent to other banks. The money needs a couple of minutes to go through to the desired account.
- All users can access ATMs through their smartphones.
- Quality customer support.
- Savings account holders will periodically get coupons to open up checking accounts and get various bonuses. At the moment, they offer a $200 sign-up bonus for opening new checking accounts.
- Mobile and online banking features
- It’s possible to link the savings account to a checking account in Chase. If you have an overdraft on a transaction, your funds will be transferred automatically to the checking account to prevent overdraft fees.
- All savings accounts have an automatic savings program to set up a periodical transfer from a checking account to your savings account.
Information required to open an account:
When you click to open an account, the3 bank will require certain information for you to open it successfully. That includes:
- Your full name
- Home address
- Date of birth
- Your official government ID
- A valid social security number
- If you are not a resident, you will need passport information
- Information about your current income
This information is required for both of these accounts.
Available methods for depositing money into the accounts:
Apart from direct deposits, there are other ways you can deposit money into the savings or checking account. These include:
- Remote check or mobile deposits
- Wire transfer deposits
- ATM check deposits
- ATM cash deposits
- Ban transfers
- Teller checks
- Teller cash deposits
Fees for maintaining these accounts:
– Checking account
The Chase bank offers three checking account types:
- Chase Total Checking: This is the most basic checking account. It has a monthly maintenance fee of $12. However, students in high school or college have a $6 fee. There are no ATM fees for ATMs that are in their network. It also includes deposits. All non-Chase ATM fees are $2.5 in the United States.
- Chase Premier Plus Checking: With this account, there is a $25 monthly fee. All of the ATM use is also free if they are in their network. With this account, you also have a $2.5 fee on ATM withdrawals outside of the bank’s network. However, before the fees start, you have 4 free withdrawals available in a single statement period.
- Chase Premier Platinum Checking: These accounts have a $100 monthly fee, but there are many perks. However, it’s possible to waive these fees, and we will discuss that below. There are no ATM fees with this account worldwide.
All these checking accounts also have a $34 overdraft fee with up to 3 for a day.
– Savings account
The Chase savings account has a $5 monthly fee. There is also a $30 stop payment fee and a $25 online stop payment fee. Domestic Wires cost $35 while international wire transfers are $40. When you have incoming cash, either domestic or international, there is a $15 fee.
How to waive the monthly fees:
– Checking account
Chase Total Checking
All of the checking account fees are waived if the holder maintains a $1,500 daily balance. Additionally, if the holder has deposits of $500 every month in the account, the monthly fee is waived as well. Another way to waive the monthly fee is to have $5,000 in total deposits throughout multiple accounts in the bank.
Chase Premium Plus Checking
With this account, holders can wave their monthly fee if they have a daily balance of over $15,000. Users that have a Chase first mortgage and use automatic payments for it also don’t have to pay the fee.
Chase Premier Platinum
The only way to waive fees with this card is to have a daily balance of at least $75,000.
– Savings account
You can waive the monthly fee in 4 different ways:
- If you are younger than 18, the fee is waived automatically
- If you have a daily balance, that’s $300 or more.
- If you have at least one repeat automatic transfer that comes from the bank’s checking account and is $25 or higher.
- If your savings account is linked to any Chase checking account.
You only need to meet one of these conditions to get your fees waived.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get a personalized link to share with friends?
To send a personalized referral link to friends and earn various bonuses, go to the referral page on Chase bank website. You will be asked to add your card number, zip code, and last name so that the bank can check if you are eligible for referrals.
If this option is available for your account, you will be asked to enter the name of your friend and add their email address. After you’ve done that, you will get a link that you can instantly share on Twitter or Facebook through designated buttons.
How do I refer a friend via email?
The process is the same as when generating personalized referral links (see above). But when the link generates, you just have to share it through email and not on social media.
Is it possible to use the Chase App for referrals?
Yes, you can make referrals on the app as well. Log into your app and choose the card account you want to use for the referral. In case you have a referral available, you will have a “Refer Friends” option located beneath “Account Services.”
When you click on this button, you will be given three options for referring friends: via email, social media, or a text.
What happens when I have multiple cards eligible for referral bonuses?
No matter how many cards you have ready for referral bonuses, you can use them all. If you are referring through the site, simply choose another card once you’re finished with the first one.
On the other hand, if you are referring via mobile app, simply log into different card accounts and repeat the same process. There are no limitations with how many cards you can make referrals. Whenever you have this option, use it so that you can get another one.
Is it possible to refer multiple friends?
When the referral period is active, there are no limits to how many friends you can invite. The more, the better. Your bonuses will add on, and chances are more friends will accept your referrals. It’s important to mention that you have a limit to a $500 referral bonus per year. Simply put, you can refer a maximum of 10 friends each year.
What if my friend makes an account by using different means?
They won’t get the signup bonus for their account, and you won’t get the bonus on your current account. If they plan on opening an account at the Chase bank, make sure to give them a referral, or you will miss a valuable opportunity that can benefit both of you.
How much time needs to pass in order to get the bonus?
After you’ve referred a friend to open up a new account with the Chase bank and they’ve done this successfully, you will receive your $50 bonus in 20 business days.
Is it necessary to open an account through online means?
Yes, and you can only receive a bonus when your friends have successfully opened a checking or savings account. At the same time, they also need to meet all the requirements to get their own bonuses. Furthermore, the friends you refer need to open their first accounts with the bank. If they already have some other accounts, you won’t get the bonuses.
Is it possible to receive bonuses if only a savings or a checking account is open?
Of course, if they open any type of checking or savings account with the bank, you will receive a bonus in 20 business days.
How will I be notified that I received my reward?
When you receive your bonus, you will be notified by the bank via email, your app, and the banking tool.